Wednesday, October 28, 2009

October

Hey Everyone!

I am home for the first time in the longest time and am just having some time to chill out and catch up on some much needed things. One of them is blogging! I never take the time to blog.

Things are going well on my end here in Nairobi, but many things have changed in the past month or so. So many of my friends have moved away from Nairobi, it is crazy. On the compound where I live it has become basically vacant. Becky moved back to the USA, Stryker has headed to 40/40, two of the families are still gone and Blake is gone for another week to West Africa. It is out of control! Also several of my friends off the compound have moved away.

The life of a missionary is constantly changing, and Becky always says it is a lot like the military. It seems like I can never have friends for more than a year or two and then we have to separate. I am thankful for the hope I have in Jesus Christ that we will all be reunited again some day. God has truly blessed me with incredible friends in my life.

I am continuing to truck right a long with all of the ministries I have been involved in here in Nairobi. God continues to bless me. I am so thankful that Blake has moved to Nairobi and am looking forward to us serving people together when he has free time.

It is hard to believe that I have been gone for a year. I can hardly believe it! I have been blessed with the opportunity to return to the US for Christmas this year. What a blessing! I cannot wait to see all of my family and some friends. I wish I could see everyone, but I know 15 days is simply not enough time!

I pray each of you are having a wonderful day. Whatever you are doing, praise the Lord in your heart. Praise Him for the the chance to live today. Soak up the time you have!

Mungu akubariki na ninakupenda sana.

Tank

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So good to see an update! We are counting down! Every day is one day closer! You have to start thinking of things you want me to make for you...I was thinking I would make a 15 layer and bring it to your mom's so you could have it right away!! Yummy! and so much fun! Get ready to lay in bed!!!! :)

Blake said...

I'm back, PTL! What a blessing to be serving in the city. God is so good.

carl cooper said...

Were u from augusta ga