Friday, July 17, 2009

I guess it is time for my monthly update. I am such a terrible blogger! I guess that is why I have never advertised my blog and only those who stumble across it read it.

Since I last wrote, a lot of things have changed here in Kenya. The biggest, and most exciting, news is the arrival of my good friend and brother Stryker Kaleo as my teammate here in Kenya. What a blessing! We have been friends since our days living in the Daks at Camp Kaleo and God has seen fit for us to be reunited in Kenya. We are both on the University Ministry team. He started language school last week and is diving straight into life and ministry in Nairobi. God is opening up some incredible doors for us to serve together and I am really enjoying having him here.

Jared and I had a a great time together while he was here. Before Jared left, a volunteer by the name of Ben Hollon who is a student at Kansas State came for a two week mission trip. He came with the focus of working with the Media Team. While he was here, he made a video about the Special Needs School I volunteer at during my free time. It is incredible! He highlighted some of the biggest needs the school where the school could really use some help. God has given me a passion for these kids so I am thankful when someone else cares about their well-being as well. Ben left last Sunday, and he is very muched missed. God has blessed him with a wonderful heart and he is going to do awesome things for Christ in his life. (If you would like a video, just let me know or email treesidefriends@gmail.com)

I am still ministering at JKUAT, a university near my house. I am teaching/tutoring a freshman math class and really enjoying that. I even get to be a part of the graduation ceremonies next week! I am also getting involved in several Bible studies on a campus right near my house. This campus is closed to any Christian ministry so I am thankful that God has opened this door. The majority of students are blatantly non-Christian.

God continues to bless my life here in Kenya. It is winter here, and I am definitely ready for the hot hot days to return! I love hot weather. I find myself each day feeling more and more at home here. I am thankful that God has blessed me by allowing me to live and serve among such amazing people. My heart still aches each day as I think about the loss of my wonderful cousin. I know that I am exactly where I need to be though. Please for my family as we continue to walk through this loss. I hope all is well, and until next time. It's just me!

No comments: